DAKOTACARE Administrative Services, Inc. (DAS)
DAKOTACARE is more than an insurance provider. We’re your neighbor and part of your community. We’re always looking for ways to help you to keep cost low while still providing your employees with a comprehensive health care plan.
That’s why we offer companies DAKOTACARE Administrative Services, Inc. (DAS). This self-funded model uses real-time reporting, dedicated account management, customer service and cutting edge medical management to keep employer health care costs under control.
As a leader in managed care third-party administration, DAS has developed proven wellness, preventive and medication management programs that help keep claim costs to a minimum.
Our proprietary business intelligence tool, HealthTRAQ, allows us to provide employers, consultants and our stop-loss partners secure, real-time eligibility and claim information. Employers and their plan participants have access to our online portals where they can view their account 24 hours a day.
Dedicated Account Management
DAS account managers are accessible and responsive to employers’ needs. Account managers are able to assist with all aspects of your self-funded health plan. They are trained on our HealthTRAQ business intelligence tool, manage self-funded health plans and work with several reinsurance partners to help keep overhead costs down by securing the best rates. The account managers get to know your goals and work with you to help you achieve them, which is vital to helping control costs.
DAS provides its clients with claim projection analysis, large claim analysis and premium rate projections, in addition to stop-loss carrier projections. DAS also files reinsurance claims on a weekly basis to insure timely reimbursements.
DAKOTACARE is well-known for its strong customer service, quality coverage and a hassle-free claims process that requires "no paperwork." DAS claims services includes:
- Under two-day claims turnaround time
- Detailed explanation of benefits (EOB) for members
- Identification on provider detail statements
- Outstanding claims accuracy
- Responsive customer service (online claims)
- Extensive subrogation/workers comp investigation
- Extensive coordination of benefits (COB)
- Comprehensive employer reporting package
- Preparation of IRS Form 1099's to participating providers
Effective managed care techniques used by DAS have proven to help companies save as much as 25% over other health plans. DAS has spent decades perfecting a model that focuses on being proactive vs. reactive. We believe in promoting wellness to prevent costly illness. DAS members receive:
- Access to entire participating provider network
- Access to "Centers of Excellence" transplant network
- Utilization review preauthorization/approval of services, etc.
- Concurrent review
- Discharge planning
- Individual case management
- Drug formulary & utilization program
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program
- Provider profiling and practice parameters
- Population Health including Proactive Health, Disease Management and Health and Wellness Programs.
DAS has developed relationships with several reinsurance partners that discount rates based on our ability to control claims costs. At a minimum, our Stop-Loss partners carry an A.M. Best rating of ‘A’.
DAKOTACARE Administrative Services, Inc. is a third party administrator (TPA) that manages claims processing for many self-funded health plans. DAS may also provide COBRA administration, Flexible Spending Account administration, disease management, health and well-being programs and ancillary products such as Life and AD&D.