DAKOTACARE provides a variety of pharmacy benefit options. Please make sure you view your Master Contract/Policy to understand your pharmacy benefits.
NOTE: If you are a member of the State of South Dakota Health Plan please visit http://benefits.sd.gov for pharmacy services available to you.
It has never been more convenient for DAKOTACARE members to manage and order prescriptions. All members can order prescriptions online any time of the day or night. Plus, mail order benefits are available to any member whose plan has a pharmacy rider. Either online or mail order options will bring prescriptions safely and quickly to a member's door - it is so easy! First time users of this service will need their member information to register online.
Find out which drugs are covered by DAKOTACARE and their cost by viewing our drug formularies links below. Please be sure to note the specific Master Contract/Policy you are currently enrolled in or shopping for coverage for to ensure you reference the correct formulary.
If you have questions regarding your benefits or which drug formulary applies to you, please contact our Customer Service at (800) 325-5598.
Please refer to the following drug formulary if you are a member of a fully insured (employer sponsored) group plan.
- DAKOTACARE Employer Group Drug Formulary Effective 1/1/18
Please refer to the following drug formulary if you have individual coverage:
- DAKOTACAREONE Individual Plan Drug Formulary Effective 1/1/18
2018 Pharmacy Preauthorization Lists
To determine if a drug requires preauthorization, please review the following:
- Medical Drugs Requiring Preauthorization
- Pharmacy Drugs Requiring Preauthorization
- Chemotherapy Preauthorization
Members who wish to have full access to our formulary tools and/or to manage and order prescriptions, please register online.
- Members: 1-866-406-8773 if you have questions about your prescription.
- Prescribers/Pharmacies: 605-334-4000 or toll-free 1-800-325-5598. NOTE: If a pharmacy needs assistance with getting a claim to process, please call 1-800-364-6331.
- Note: If you are a member of the State of South Dakota Health Plan please visit http://benefits.sd.gov for pharmacy services available to you. If you are a member of the South Dakota Risk Pool, log on to your member portal for pharmacy services available to you.